Thursday, February 26, 2009

Reality Check

6 weeks of IM training down and everything has been going well. I have missed a couple of swim workouts but that is going to happen with my schedule. Actually things have been going almost too well. I PR'd last week in a mile swim timer trial when I finally broke 32 minutes. My running was slightly slower in my first speed session last week but that was also to be expected given the cold weather, wind, and the fact that I haven't gone fast for an extended period of time since November.

Well this morning I got in my AM bike trainer workout and felt great during the 3.1 mile repeats. After a half day of school (parent-conferences tonight) I went for an hour swim. I was cruising and hitting decent 100 yd splits, for me, at 1:50. After 60 laps I stopped to put on the zoomers to do some drills. As I bent my left leg to put on the fin I cramped terribly on the inside of my right leg. I couldn't loosen it up. I got out of the pool and my left leg went as well. Bizarre. I don't kick much when I swim. I also had an easy day yesterday with just a run with my dog. My guess is that I was dehydrated. I didn't eat lunch and haven't been hydrating as well because it is winter. Lesson learned. I need to respect the toll the three different workouts are taking on my body and start watching my diet and liqiud intake.

No comments:

Post a Comment