Sunday, March 15, 2009

Challenge Completed

In planning my training this time I wanted to make sure I upped the intensity in some of my workouts, especially with the preseason lifting and core. The way for me to do this is to set up a personal challenge. I only lift twice a week, so I need to waste no time and trash my legs, shoulders, and back in 45 minutes. I have been ending my sessions with non-stop full body movements like deadlifts into squats w/ dumbells, pushups with 50lb. dumbells into a deadlift into a clean and press movement, and burpees w/2 legged jumps, and burpees w/pullups.

I was amazed at how hard these were. I made a challenge of 50 reps of burpees, which is a pushup in which you jump back up to a standing position after each rep, with a wide grip pullup each time as my ultimate strength training goal. I did it a week ago and felt good except for some hand pain. I got the idea in my head that 100 reps would be taking it to my limit of physical and mental stress. So of course, I had to give it a shot. It was tough and my hands have hurt for 3 days, but I did it. Non-stop, except a few seconds to wipe the sweat off my face, it took me 19 minutes. I had an actual puddle of sweat underneath me when I was done. Awesome feeling. I then jumped on the treadmill and ran an 8 minute cool down mile, which felt like I was walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment