Saturday, March 14, 2009

Perfect Run

Last Sunday morning was one of those perfect days that make the endurance life style seem so worth it. I was in State College with my dad for the Big 10 Wrestling Championships. We were staying about 3 miles off campus. I woke up early to get in a 9 mile run. The weather was a perfect 55 degrees with really low but sporadic rain clouds. I headed from the hotel towards a wooded area with a golf resort. After running for 20 minutes through some hilly and beautiful roads I saw a sign for the airport. I headed in that direction. The woods thinned out eventually and I came upon a preserved one-room school house. I decided to wait to look through the windows until I turned around. A few minutes later the wood ended and the view above appeared to my right. Mount Nittany, except it had the coolest rainclouds on both sides of it. I had to stop for a few minutes and take it in. The run back was awesome as was the schoolhouse. I ran for 70 minutes and it felt like I wasn't even trying. It energized me for the whole day.

No comments:

Post a Comment